Thursday, May 6, 2010

5/6/2010 DB Dailies

My first pass through the SE Quadrant was a bust, however when I got back to the Makapuu Overview (MO) at 0914, I found what would later prove to be M38, Duke and Kolohe, all frolicking in the shore break at 1BS. When I got down to Makai Pier at 0924 I could only get occasional glimpse of them. At 0940, M38 hauled out by himself at mid Middle Cliff, and at 1011 Duke and Kolohe hauled out together 100 ft left of 1BS at the left end of the beach.
I had an appointment from 1100 to 1130. When I got back to MP at 1130 I found that M38 had relocated and was now with the boys at the left end. They snoozed away the afternoon together.

Team Billand called at 0705 to advise that one of their White Plains posse had reported an animal there. When they arrived there was nobody, but photo evidence suggested 2AW. 

At 1042 I got a call from posse member Al, of "Al's Bench" fame (that's the last bench at Kalaeloa Campground, closest to the WP perimeter fence. He said he had an animal there. When Team Billand arrived at 1112, they confirmed 2AW, further supporting the probability of 2AW having been the earlier WP call.

Barbara called at 1332 reporting that they had recieved a Dera call about N3 at the Nimitz cottages. When they arrived at 1426 they confirmed the Irma ID, however she at Wind Sock, and not the cottages, further down the beach.

Duke and Kolohe
Kolohe, Duke and M38
2AW

No comments: