Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5/5/2010 DB Dailies

My day began at 0500 with a call from metal detector posse member, Otto, reporting a large animal on the main beach at Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0510 I found Lona, and cordoned her off. COSTCO posse member, Momi, called at 0836 to advise that Lona was just departing. She apparently left of her own volition. Despite multiple Lona Quest runs through the SE Quadrant, I did not see her again today.
On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island from the Makapuu Overview (MO) at 0813 I found what would prove to be Kolohe, and 50 ft to his right, Duke, at Rocky Right Beach (RRB) at the right end of RI. Neither had been visible from MP on my first RI check.   At 1128 , M38 hauled out to the water front rocks, 100 ft right of 3BS. All would remain at those locations all the rest of the day.  Team Billand called at 0730 to report that Irma was at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. They called at 1600 to advise that she was still there.
Lastly, My #3 son, Buster (RV08) turns 5 today. Today he becomes a man !!!!!
M38
Lona looking very wide... baby on board

No comments: