Tuesday, May 25, 2010

5/25/2010 DB Dailies

From the Makapuu Overview at 0557 I gazed down upon what would prove to be Ewa Girl, and her brand new pup,at the left end of the beach, 100 ft left of 1BS. . Sadie was also there, cruisin' up in the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS.

When I got down to Makai Pier, at 0620, I found that Ewa Girl was barely visible from that angle. I did however find Duke just hauling out to the left end of the beach. He seemed to be well behind EG&pup. She did not respond to him at all as he moved up.

I got back to Makai Pier at 0750, and all of the above mentioned cast were still there. Both Sadie and Duke would move down to cool off, and Ewa Girl eyed them intently but the distance seemed to satisfy her requirements, and there was no interaction .Sadie would ultimately enter the water and haul out again to the rock flats to the left end of the island, until the rising tide washed her off. I did not see her again after that. Duke remained at the left end all day, however as the tide began to rise, and Ewa Girl found it necessary to move up, she charged Duke on three separate occasions, to get him to get out of her way, which he did.

The pup appeared happy and well, and circumnavigated Mom many times throughout the day. As usual it was sleep & feed.

Posse member Alice called at 1318 to report and animal just hauling out to the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1324 I found Benny, in nearly the same spot he hauled out too yesterday. I cordoned him off and returned to Ewa Girl & pup. Posse member Stacey called at 1614 to advise that Benny was still there, and he was still there on my 1700 check. I'll be returning shortly.

Team Billand called at 1020 to report 4DJ at Ewa Beach, off Parrish Dr. She seems to have a new ding on top of her head.

Benny showed no signs of leaving . I picked up the rope and left the signs, and called it a day at 1945.

Ewa Girl and Pup!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I knew you would do it!! Seal Whisperer announces...Ewa Girl gave birth on R.I. Yippeee!!! That is amazing! After allll that time missing, Ewa shows up and does her thing, just for DB. Not only that, but her older kids show up for this blessed event. Now if only Kerby showed up,the Ohana would be complete...he. he.If that were to happen it would be a MIRACLE and I'd faint! COngratulations Seal Whisperer and Ewa Girl. NOw let us bow our heads and hope its a GIRL!!! God Bless!

Dana Jones said...

DB, you always call it. You are amazing and so is that beautiful Ewa Girl. So happy we have a new addition in a relatively safe place. AT least she has her seal whisperer guardian where she is. That's as safe as you can get.

Donna said...

Can we change the name of Rabbit Island to Ewa Girl's house! She certainly comes home to roost.

Such a relief she is healthy after being MIA since February. Papa can breath a sigh of relief.