Thursday, May 20, 2010

5/19/2010 DB Dailies

On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island , at 0852 I found Duke snoozin' , 100 ft left of 1BS. He would remain there all day, and was the only non winged resident of RI today.

Team Billand called at 0807 to report Irma at Kermit's Reef, on the west side of Nimitz jetty. She was still there on their 1600 check. She would finally depart at 1825.

TB called again at 0817 to advise that Kermit was at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. He was still there at 1610, with a unleashed dog 20 ft away. The owner looked at them as if they were from another planet, when they asked that she leash the dog. (Thankfully, cat people aren't like that !!) . Kermit would depart at 1735.

I got a call from White Plains, lifeguard posse member Bryan at 1212, reporting "a baby seal, with YOC on the side". Absolutely nothing about that sounded right. My guess was that it was probably R4DF (V02). A call to Dera confirmed that she had gotten a call from the Navy Police (I love those people) reporting V02 at that location. They had put out signs. (again I say....I love those people !!).
Duke
Irma
Kermit

1 comment:

Diga said...

Kermit looks like he's having a wonderful time. I'm glad he's back! Diane