Saturday, May 8, 2010

5/8/2010 DB Dailes

When I got to Makai Pier for my first look at Rabbit Island at 0656, I found Kolohe just hauling out to the far left end of the beach. He would remain there all day.
When I headed back for my 2nd look, from the Makapuu Overview I found Buster and Duke together at Rocky Right Beach, at the right end of the island. From the pier they were just barely visible until later when the tide forced them higher on the beach. It was a warm&fuzzy moment to realize that it was big bro & little bro together. Duke would remain there all day. Buster would depart sometime prior to 1142, which is when I found his swimming head just off shore of Kolohe's location. He would haul out to join Kolohe at 1143 and remain there the rest of the day.

Team Billand reported Irma at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach at 0912. She would relocate with the rising tide , and haul out again just down the beach to the west, near the bunkers at 1039.

While doing my morning Monk Seal CIA analyses, I happened on to a 5-6-10 shot of our boy Kermit, snoozin' at Poipu Beach , on Kauai.


Buster and Duke
Buster and Kolohe
Kermit
Irma

No comments: