Saturday, May 15, 2010

5/14/2010 DB Dailes

On my first look at Rabbit Island , from Makapuu Overview I found what would prove to be Duke, 100 ft left of 1BS. When I got down to Makai Pier at 0705 I could see that M38 and Sadie were also there, together up in the Morning Glory, 50 ft left of 1BS.

When I got back to MP at 0843, I found that Kolohe had now joined the cast. He was tucked up against the cliff, 30 ft left of 1BS. Incidently, Kolohe turns 2 years old today !! All would eventually move down to cool off.

Observations were interrupted by a call, and when I peered into the scope again,at 1000, I found M38 scurrying into the water and what would prove to be RIP galumphing after Sadie who was beating flipper to the left end of the beach. She and RIP would remain together at the left end for the rest of the day. M38 made one other attempt to haul out to their location, but RIP never let him clear the water.

Team Billand reported 4DF, once again at Hau Bush at 0714.

They called again at 0730 with a particularly warm & fuzzy factoid. Kerma & Irmet were together at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. They remained there until the rising tide drove them off the reef. According to Barbara they wanted to haul out to be beach, but people on the beach would not move, and Irma wound up swimming off to the west with Kermit trying to figure out where Irma went. Just another day amongst the IDIOT herd.
M38 and Sadie

RIP and Sadie
RIP Sadie and Duke
Happy 2nd Birthday Kolohe (wish your cousin was here with you)

No comments: