Friday, May 7, 2010

5/7/2010 DB Dailies

At 0632, from the Makapuu Overview I found what would prove to be M38, Kolohe and an U/M all together 100 ft left of 1BS, on Rabbit Island. They were only partially visible from Makai Pier at 0639.

When I got back to the pier at 0905 a spat was in progress between M38 and the U/M. The action was over in seconds, with the U/M rolling into the water and departing. I had no opportunity for an ID. I did not see him again today. My guess would be Buster, since RIP or Mojo would have given M38 a better battle, but that is only my opinion.  M38 would enter the water at 0923, and I did not see him again today.
On my initial pan of the beach at 0905 I found Duke at the right end of the beach, at Rocky Right Beach (RRB), where he remained by himself all day. Speaking of Duke, today is his 1st birthday !!

Team Billand checked in at 1049 with the report of Irma foraging in the Kalealoa Campgrounds area. They had gotten an earlier call from one of their White Plains surfer posse, that a large animal had attempted unsuccessfully to haul out at WP. Chances are excellent that it too was Irma. Eventually our chubby friend hauled out to Wind Sock at 1221.
M38
Kolohe
Irma carrying an extra load
Happy Birthday Baby Duke!

No comments: