Monday, June 25, 2018

6/25/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

So sorry no photos today my lap is down so I couldn't download pics.
I understand, this happened to me last night.

This morning on my first check of the Playpen, RK88 Puna (M) D58 was sleeping on the beach while RK40 Napua (F) D52 was playing in one of the Keiki Coves.
On our 2nd check both were sound asleep on the beach  50 ft from each other.

Out at the point we sat down to talk story to wait for seal (s) to show up. Sure enough one did on the out side reef of Main Pool. It was RW02 PVKauai (IDed by tag W14l.

We met several diferent co-workers from State Park/NARS/DOFAW all with teams working on projects. From water caption tanks to fixing gates and other maintenance needs.

It was very hot and the wind was strong. The albatross chicks were having great taking off preparations. Very entertaining to watch.

Heading back we stopped at Hidden Beach and found RO40 Ka'ena (IDed by scar & NBs) on the waterline.

Next stop was at 10Mnts Beach where a freshly hauled out RK36 Kauai Kolohe (tag 4DJ) was settling in.
I love to know he's around and looking great.

I was impressed to see how the fishermen left their campsites clean. Therr was a lot of rubbish on the bins in the pkg lot 
Hopefully I'll be able to get my lap to work and send pics tomorrow 
Aloha,

No comments: