Sunday, June 24, 2018

06/24/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

We heard campers and dogs so I went down early to check on the weaners. Did some 1on1 with campers (3 tents & 2 dogs)  when I came back mid morning they had left.

RK88 "Puna" (M) D57 was playing with something in the small tide pools of the left cove.
.
RK40 "Napua" (F) D51 took me a little longer to find, because the campers dogs had been on the beach on both sides I walked down to the coves and checked all of them towards PO4 site then back. I heard a little sneeze and found her over a ledge.

On my second check "Puna" was hauled out mid beach and "Napua" was being tossed by waves in the coming up tide. It started raining again so I left.

This morning, after my first check at the Playpen, I went to meet Matt, we did a game plan for the day in case he needed back up. He called me from the NARS where he found RO40 "Ka'ena" in the Main Pool of KPt - and also called the Hotline.
On his way back he got soaked in a strong downpour.

Most of the fishermen left early this morning, most were gone by noon because of the rain and the end of the tournament.

The bloom photos are of a spontaneous tobacco plant in our driveway.  Aloha 🌺

 So this is what a tobacco plant looks like? Much prettier than cigarettes.

No comments: