Monday, June 18, 2018

6/18/18 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2 ) Lesley's Ka'ena Update.

PO5 "Napua" (F) D45 and PO4 "Puna" (M) D51 changed places today. She was by the Keiki Coves and he was on PO5 Beach sleeping.
Heading out to the point I found RW02 "PVKauai" at Hidden Beach
At the point RO40 "Ka'ena" was at the entrance of his pool, R330 "Squinty" was on the Runway.
At the Main Pool RR70 "RIP" was side by side with a small seal. I saw a T37 tag & a 1KT tag. I didn't recognize it so I checked in with Sealettes Kauai and Molokai. In a couple of minutes I got the answer. R1KT is a 2-3yr old male seal that may have come from Nihiau .
I photo documented him and now have all his scar, dings and dangs.

It was brutally hot & no wind, lots of visitors = lots of outreach.  More tomorrow 

 New Kid on the block

No comments: