Monday, May 21, 2018

5/21/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Point Update

I went out with some visitors late this afternoon.
I checked the playpen before heading out. RN58 "Luana" & PO4 D23 were hauled out on the sand and beside them was RW02 "PVKauai" - there was no interaction observed.
RL42 "Leia" and PO5 D17 were having a swimming session.
I called RW02 "PVKauai" into the Hotline because the volunteer didn't have his confirmed ID

There were no seals at the point at sunset. Saw our friend the pheasant trotting down the top road.

On my way back I checked the playpen again both mom's and pups were on their respective beaches hauled out up and dry for the night. RW02 had left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visiting seal was called in mid day with i.d. by volunteer.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,
The Volunteer told me she hadn't seen tag but thought it was him because of small pit scar on back and that she had run out of battery. I told her if I confirmed his ID I'd call him in. I did see tags and other marks so I called him in,spoke to Kristina also asked her to let the volunteer know.
We are working together, helping one another and have a good system going on.
Aloha, Lesley