Tuesday, May 15, 2018

5/15/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Point & Pup Update

Got to the "playpen" this morning to only find RL42 & PO5 D11 sleeping peacefully mid beach.
After 40 minutes looking for RN58 "Luana" & PO4 D17 I found out they had moved out of the playpen last night after I left. They overnighted on a side beach and spent all day there today between swimming session, nursing and sleeping. Did one last check before sunset and they were having a nursing session.  ( 40 minutes of not seeing them I would have been freaking out, which I am sure you were..... geesh nothing like giving Auntie a heart attack)

Between these checks I made it to the point were I found RR70 "RIP" on Back Beach hauled out in an unusual corner, blending in like a rock.

Got to see an adult Albatross feeding it's chick today, that was really cool!

I then hauled out sea debris trash from one side of the NARS to the other. My arms a couple of centimeters longer after that haul. Back at the gate I picked up 2 tents and lots of trash left over by campers the back of the Polaris was packed and I was able to gladly tick off those things off my list.

 RL42 & PO5 (still in the play pen)  - Day 11
orange applied bleach mark
 Luana RN58 & PO4  Day 17
 RIP RR70

No comments: