Wednesday, May 16, 2018

5/16/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: Lesley's Pup Update.

Over the past week several people have asked us why RL42 didn't have a nickname, the story is long and personal - I have used a nickname for my files but have never addressed her by it.
Talking to visitors and volunteers at playpen a nickname was suggested and several of us liked it:  LEIA -  Child of heaven; heavenly flowers ðŸŒº

My day started at dawn checking on RL42 "Leia" & PO5 the were sleeping peacefully in a niche among rocks.
RN58 "Luana" & PO4 didn't come back to the playpen and were in the water doing big deep dives, they were alternating in vocalizing every time they came up for air.

My photos were taken with the phone and at dawn so not the best - just for documentation purposes

I had to be in Kailua for an all day training and made it back home just after sunset so I didn't see them again today.






No comments: