Thursday, May 24, 2018

5/24/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Point Update

Went down early to check the playpen(s) before heading out to the point
RN58 "Luana" & PO4 D26 were hauled out sleeping on the beach on the outside side of their "pen"
RL42 "Leia" & PO5 D20 were in the far corner of their pen (3 day in a row)- PO5 was nursing.

Team T&D headed out before me and reported RO40 "Ka'ena" at Hidden Beach. He was there on my way in and when we all came out also.

At the point RW02 "PVKauai" was in the water on the side of the little sand beach in the back of Ka'ena's Pool. When we checked on our way out he was hauled out on the beach. His pit scars all visible.

I arrived at Back Beach just as RR70 "RIP" was hauling out. Good "our" boys were accounted for.

Team T & D were there and had already packed a big trash bag of debris, we picked up some debris I had taken out of some pools on my way in and we took it all out to the Polaris. We then did a walk around the NARS to check the albatross chicks.

I did a third check of the playpens and although Ms & Ps had moved they were all sleeping - Didn't get to see them having swimming sessions today.


No comments: