Monday, May 14, 2018

5/14/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena and Pup Update

We had a big downpour in the wee hours of the morning so I waited for it to dry a little before going the "nursery" - as nicknamed by Donna.
It was windy and cold.
RL42 "Flor" & PO5 D10 were having a really cool swimming session. Witnessed several OK I'm done by pup, a bark from mom made it go straight back out to her in the water. They are becoming more adventurous and were swimming around the big rock. PO5 is swimming great under water by still haven't seen deeper dives.
During my first check PO4 D16 was behind RN58 "Luana" and every now and then I'[d see a flipper move or a head bob.

On my second check both pups were visible and both had good nursing sessions. "Luana" & PO4 had just done a couple of swimming sessions and had hauled out on the rock side of the beach.


No comments: