Friday, May 25, 2018

5/25/2018 Monk Seal Dailies (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Point Update

Had to be on the move early today so I checked on the playpen on my way back from the Pt.
RW02 "PVKauai" was the only seal I saw while at the point. He was on the point of the Runway being washed by waves. I was talking to one of my favorite fisherman "Willie" - he has been fishing out there for 50 yrs or so, humble me to be lucky to share stories with him - I saw "PVKauai" be toss into the water by the bigger wave of a set. He lingered in the pool than swam of towards the point.
Later at the gate several visitors told me about the seal in the Main Pool. One showed me pics and the three scar on his neck made me ID it as RW02 "PVKauai".
Back at the playpen area, all were sleeping on their respective beaches. Matt and I did a big clean up at the Big Camp Site
RN58 "Luana" & PO4 D27 at first were sleeping in their pen on my next stop in the afternoon they had just finished a nursing session and were on the outside of the pen.
RL42 "Leia" & PO5 D21 were on there beach sleeping peacefully.

Perhaps I'll still get to see them swimming today on my last check at sunset ðŸŒº

 Camp site before Lesley did a clean up - what is wrong with people!
 Day 21 PO5 RL42 Leia 
 Luana and PO4 on Day 27
 Momma Luana RN58
 RW02 PvKauai

No comments: