Thursday, October 8, 2015

10/8/2015 DB's Dailies: Kea,Kainoa,Kekoa&Kaiwi@Rabbit Island, RIP@Maili Point, Rocky&Benny@Kaimana Beach,RW02@Ka'ena Point

On my first look at Rabbit Island, at 0656 I found what would prove to be Kainoa (RN04) just hauling out and moving up and into the over head Morning Glory, 20 ft right of 1BS. At 0701 he encountered what would prove to be Kaiwi (RK96) & Kekoa (RK72) fronting 1BS. I could barely see the action in the Morning Glory.

 On a pan at 0705 I found that Kea (RN46) was snoozin’ at the log, 40 ft left of 1BS.

 At 0804 on my 3rd look at Blowhole Cove I found Kolohe (RW22). On echecks by Cate, Gayle & myself, through the day. Kolohe remains.

 When I got back to Makai Pier at 0832 there was nobody visible on Rabbit Island. At 1031 what would prove to be Kaiwi (RK96) & Kekoa (RK72) hauled out fronting 1BS.

 On a pan at 1139 I found Kea (RN46) & Kainoa (RN04) hauled out together, 70 ft right of 1BS. All would remain the rest of the day.

 At 0735 Team Billand reported RIP (RR70) at Maili Point. They also found an abandoned net at RIP’s location. Mahalos to DOCARE Officers Keawe & Colt for removing it !

 At 0815 both Colleen & Brandi advised that Rocky (RH58) had apparently overnighted at Kaimana. She has remained all day.

 A call from Tracy Mercer at 1435 brought word of another animal at Kaimana with Rocky. I contacted Colleen Heyer and she raced down to check. At 1503 she reported that “E40"..... The Benny (RE74), was now with Rocky !! Ya’ just never know where that boy is gonna’ pop up. He was at Maili Point just yesterday. Today he is cruisin’ Waikiki lookin’ for chicks !!! Thank you Colleen, Ya’ Done Good !!
Kolohe at blow hole 
 Rocky and Benny at Kaimana
Rocky 
 Miss Rocky was the maid of honor for this lovely couple
abandon net at maili point
 officier keawe our hero
 rip hanging out at maili point
 
 could have been a disaster
RW02 at Ka'ena Point

No comments: