Wednesday, October 28, 2015

10/28/2015 DB's Dailies: Kainoa,Aukai,Kea,RG32&2 U/M, Rabbit Island, DB, Nihoa @Shark's Cove, Jeannie Martinson

It was a bumper crop of animals at Rabbit Island. There were six to be exact. One of those requires that I fess” up to a giant Ooooops !! I’ll get to that in a moment.

 At 0639 I found 4 animals in the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS. They would prove to be Kainoa (RN04), Aukai (RL12), and 2 Unknown males, which I was no able to ID. All three of the males would enter the water at 0914. Aukai remained at that location all day. Kainoa would later haul out to join Kea at Left Greenery. The UM with a new coat would haul out to Rock Right Beach at 1232. I was still not able to ID, simply because he gave me nothing to work with. The other U/M had an old coat, and I did not see him again today.

 At 0647 Kea (RN46) hauled out to 3BS, and would later relocate to Left Greenery. He remained the rest of the day.

 Okay...... now for the Ooooops ! For the past 3 days I’ve happily reported that Cass was back. I based the call on her size, color and a small scar , center chest. I found the same animal just hauling out to 3BS at 0823, and move up into the Morning Glory for a snooze. Just before 1100, the animal moved down, and rolled over to show me the ventral side. You can imagine my shock when I discovered that Cass had magically grown a little, tiny ,penis !!!!! Shortly thereafter when he rolled back to his belly, I saw, for he first time, an L5 bleach on the right shoulder. It took some time to make sure of what I was seeing. I got a text off to Tracy, asking for help, and lo and behold , she advised that I was looking at RG32, and male weaner from Molokai, born to Mom RW30. Just as a point of interest RW30 is the daughter of M&M (R020). I called Diane Pike on Molokai, with the news. She was stoked !

 At 1004 Ocean Safety called with the report of an animal at Shark’s Cove on the North Shore. I advised the Hotline, and Jeannie Martinson responded and got photos. It would prove the Nihoa (R912). Because of the humongous surf, Ocean Safety had close all of Shark’s Cove, so she had the place all to herself.

 Aukai, Kainoa, UM UM
 Aukai
 Kea
 RG32 visiting all the way from Molokai
 Nihoa hanging out at Shark's Cove all to herself. 

1 comment:

Madhatter said...


As I read the blog every day, I start by looking for any print in red, usually not a good sign, something happened.
I quickly look over the words for any clue words, well as I did that today I seen M&M and started to get excited,
I read the blog and found out it was M&M 's grand seal. That is really cool but just for a second I thought someone had found M&M.