Friday, October 30, 2015

10/29/2015 DB's Dailies: Kainoa,Kea&Um@Rabbit Island, Buster@Hanauma Bay, Kolohe@Lanai Lookout, Nihoa@Waialee, Holokai, RK36@Turtle Bay

Rabbit Island was a bust on my 1st look at 0630, and even when I got back at 0818, the cupboard was still bare. Finally, at 0942 on a pan I found what would prove to be Kainoa (RN04) & an U/M hauling out together at Left Greenery, on RI. They would remain there all day.

 On a pan at 1200 I found Kea (RN46) out on the left end rock flats.

 I did a Toilet Bowl check at 1300, but found nobody. I was back at the pier when Kaipo called from Hanauma Bay at 1445 reporting an animal out on the left side rock flats, so it was back to HB. When I got down there to the flats at 1500 I found a very green Buster (RV08). He has been MIA since his last sighting at Diamond Head on 10-6-15.

 Posse member Bob Ubersax called at 1600 with the report of an animal at Lanai Lookout Flats. It took some doing, but I finally was able to see his right side natural bleach, confirming Kolohe (RW22).

 Brandi called at 1434 with an update on other critters. She advised of a reported animal at Kawela Bay (I’ve heard nothing further), an animal at the Keiki Pool, which would turn out to be Holokai (RG40), and what would proved to be Nihoa (R912) at Waialee Beach Park (Dead Man’s Curve).

 A later call from Brandi advised that Karen had confirmed Kolohe (I’m assuming that is “Kauai Kolohe”), RK36 at Right Spot’s Spot, Turtle Bay.


 Kainoa and UM
 Kea
Buster at Hanauma Bay
Kolohe at Lanai Lookout
Nihoa at Waialee Beach Park

No comments: