Monday, October 26, 2015

10/26/2015 DB's Dailies: Kainoa,Kea&Cass@Rabbit Island

On my first look at Rabbit Island I found Kainoa (RN04) snoozin’ in the Morning Glory, 60 ft right of 3BS. He would enter the water at 0900, and haul out again, for the rest of the day on the left end rock flats.

 The highlight of the day came when I panned down the beach at 1120 and found Kea (RN46) & Cass (RG06) together, 80 ft right of 3BS. Cass was definitely the more aggressive of the two, hounding Kea to play. Eventually both settled down and snoozed away the rest of the day. It is wonderful to have her back home. All were still there on my 1700 recheck.

 Both Gayle and I covered the rest of the quadrant but found nobody else.

 There were no other animals reported today.

 Final Seal Count Numbers: Oahu 15, Kauai 15, Molokai 12, Maui 2, Lanai 0, Hawaii 2. Thank you Jessica

 Kainoa
 Kea and Cass

an unusual quiet day on Oahu.....  

No comments: