Tuesday, October 27, 2015

10/27/2015 DB's Dailies: Kea, Cass & Kainoa@Rabbit Island, Kimo Kai @ Irma's

Once again Rabbit Island provided the only cast in the SE quadrant. The players would remain the same as yesterday. At 0920 I found Kea (RN46) in the Morning Glory, 30 ft right of 3BS. That would change late in the day.

 At 0933 I found Kainoa (RN04) snoozin’ at Right Middle Cliff.

 On a pan at 0939 I found Cass (RG06) just hauling out , 80 ft right of 3BS. She would move up into the Morning Glory and snooze away the day.

 Diane Gabriel checked in with a Hotline call about an animal at Irma’s, at the traffic light just east of Sandy Beach, at 1745. When I arrived at 1750 I found Kimo Kai (RT12), directly down from the light. He departed at 1843. I picked up the stuff and called it a day.

**  I did hear from one of the kayak folks that there was a seal "still" on Moku Nui today..... NOW... I wasn't able to get clarification as to what "still" meant as in from yesterday or ???  the other problem was there were no kayak tours out to the islands today due to high surf advisory.... So I have no id, no proof and no idea how long said seal was there.   (It was a busy day so I wasn't able to follow up.... I will try again tomorrow).

 Cass 
 Kea and Cass
 Kainoa
 Kea
 Kimo Kai hanging at Irma's 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Ok,wondering where all the monk seals are?