Monday, October 5, 2015

10/5/2015 DB's Dailies: Kea,KainoaKekoa&UU@Rabbit Island, DB , Rocky@Kaimana, Karen Rohter, RL42@Makua Cliffs, Team Billand

My first pass through the SE quadrant, as well as my first look at Rabbit Island was a bust. Even when I got back to Makai Pier at 0939 I was still batting zero. Finally, as I panned the beach on RI, at 1022 a gang of 3 animals hauled out together, 60 ft right of 1BS. They would prove to be a 100% molted Kea (RN46), 100% molted, Kainoa (RN04), and Kekoa (K72).

 At 1049 an U/U hauled out to the three others, and after a brief interaction with Kainoa, it move up and into the Morning Glory, becoming nearly invisible. At the risk of sounding like Yogi... If I didn’t know it was there, I wouldn’t have known it was there.

 Both Gayle and I explored the quadrant and this RI crew was it for the day.

 Team Billand called at 0955 to advise that they had gotten a call from Debbie, reporting an animal at Makaha surfing Beach. The animal was reported to have departed at 1100. No ID.

 A DanaTxt at 1100 advised that Rocky (RH58) may have overnighted at Kaimana Beach. She advised that Karen Rohter had gone down and put up signs. Rocky departed at 1050.

 Team Billand found RL42 at Makua Cliffs at 1323.


 Kekoa Kea Kainoa and UU
 UU Kekoa Kainoa and Kea
Rocky at Kaimana
 RL42 at Makua Cliffs

No comments: