Thursday, November 6, 2014

11/6/2014 Lesley's Ka'ena Point Trek

Another beautiful day in Hawaii Nei.

I did the KPt monitoring hole today.

RN58 "Luana" was @ Hidden Beach. Her molt is going faster. Her bellie is nearly all clean but her back still has big patches to go.

As I was passing near Manini cove when I saw my first albatross of the season. Yuhuu they are back. At the point I saw another one up the hill in the bushes.

RO40 "Ka'ena" was near the Main Pool sleeping bellie up. It took me 1/2 hour to confirm his ID. The second high tide started rolling in and he was tossed around by some bigger waves. He turned around and bingo ID was confirmed.

On my way back I checked again on RN58 "Luana".  There was hardly a handfull of people out there today. Did some fun outreach with them.  Aloha, Lesley
Ka'ena
 Luana

No comments: