Thursday, November 6, 2014

11/5/2014 DB's Dailies: Kea@SB, Kolohe&Aukai@RI, Kaiwi@CW, RK36@Aki's Bch, Makaha,Luana&BG@Hidden Beach, Kaikaina@TB

When I arrived at Sandy Beach at 0630 Kea was gone. I picked up the equipment and continued on. On my 2nd recheck at 0722, I found that Kea (RN46) tucked up against the Naupaka at the outfall. I redid the SPZ. He has remained the rest of the day, moving down to cool off , as usual, midday. Kea remained at dark.

 On my 1st look at Rabbit Island at 0639 I found what would prove to be Kolohe (RW22), in the Morning Glory, 60 ft left of 1BS, and Aukai, 20 ft left of 3BS. I would get the ID of the animals on my next check of the island. They both moved down midday, and have remained.

 Gayle called at 1115 to advise that Kaiwi (RK96) was at China Walls. She would report Kaiwi’s departure at 1133 .

 Team Billand checked in from Vegas at 0639 to advised that they had received word of an animal at Aki’s Beach, Makaha.

 Dana would called at 0942 advising that it was RK36 (R4DJ).

 Dana called again at 1327 to advise that Diane Gabriel & Karen Turner had reported Luana (RN58) & BG (R303) together at Hidden Beach. Diga said Luana is 40% molted.

 Another Dana call at 1627 advised that Don Porter had found Kaikaina (RL54) at the Elbow, Kaihalulu Beach, Turtle Bay.


Kea at Sandys 
 looking good.... nice new coat
 Kaiwi at china wall 
 looking good Kaiwi... looking good
 BG at Hidden beach
 BG and Luana
 getting ready to get rid of that old coat
 little bit here and little bit there.... pretty soon you;ll be all shiny and new

No comments: