Monday, November 17, 2014

11/17/2014 DB's Dailies: Kea@SB, Kolohe&RK36@RI, Buster@SB, Right Spot@KPB, Pohaku@PC, Benny@WP

On my 0605 Sandy Beach check, Kea was gone. It was a long morning of park bench sitting for interested gang of folks. At one time or another Barbara V, Diane T, Kimo, Marilyn & myself were all there awaiting the arrival the little dude. Diane Terai wins the turkey , she called a 1056 to advise that Kea was just hauling out to the outfall. I was just moments away so we got the SPZ up at 1059. He has remained the rest of the day. Gayle reported Kea in the water at 1825.

At 0945 I found RK36 & Kolohe (RW22) at the left end of Rabbit Island. Kolohe began the day up in the shadows at the base of the cliff, but later moved down to the left end rocks.

At 1132 I found Buster (RV08) at the Blowhole end of Sandy Beach. I cordoned him off and he has remained the rest of the day. Buster was departing as Marilyn arrived at 1815.

First Dana, then life guard posse member Billy, then HB posse member Martha called at 1321 advising of an animal just hauling out to Kaupo Beach Park. When Marilyn & I arrived at 1333 we found and cordoned off, Right Spot (R016), amongst the Sunday hordes. Right Spot remains at dark. I picked up the rope and left the signs.

Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Paradise Cove at 0639. Thank you to Mary Jo for your response and your shots.

At 0909 they reported Benny (RE74) between #1707/08, White Plains. Much Mahalos to lifeguard , Dennis for all the help. Thanks to Vera, Larry & Jean.

Dana called a 1715 with a report of an animal at Cromwells, Diamond Head. Awaiting further word.

It’s not the kind of thing I want to bring up, but today is the 1 year anniversary of the last sighting Irma. I keep hoping there will be something.... it just breaks my heart thinking she's gone.

 Kolohe
 RK36 and Kolohe
 Buster
 I know this lady... hi diane !!!   

 Kea
 great shot ! 
Beautiful shot of Right Spot and Rabbit Island
 Right SPot being photo bombed by this dude flashing a shaka
Kea captured by Diane
Benny at white plains... Team Billand 
 oh Benny.... you is green
 Vera hanging out with Benny 
Pohaku at Paradise Cove
 looking good Pohaku

No comments: