Thursday, November 27, 2014

11/27/2014 DB's Dailies: RK36,RM38,Duke,Kolohe&Aukai@RI, Kea@BH,ETB&SB, Kaiwi@CW, Makaiwi&Buster@WP, Right Spot@Sunset Bch

Happy Thanksgiving !! I hope this finds all, fat and happy !

 Sandy Beach was Monk Seal free at 0600. I got to the Blowhole Lookout at 0627, and at 0654 became aware of Kea (RN46) doing 5 minute dives . I saw 2 ups before losing him.

 On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0745 I found RK36, 80 ft left of 1BS, and RM38, 40 ft left of 1BS. When I got back for my 2nd look at 0929 the cast had increased by a group of 3, fronting the 1BS. They were Kolohe (RW22), Duke (RA12) & Aukai (RL12).

 Melanie called at 1114 with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) at China Walls. Thank You Melanie !!!

 At 1128 I got a call from an HPD posse member , reporting an animal at Eternity Beach. When I arrived at 1134 I found Kea (RN46) foraging long the west side ledge. According to officers there had been no attempt to haul out. I lost him at 1155.

When I’d gotten the ETB call I’d been sitting at the SB outfall for some time. After the ETB call I returned to the outfall at 1205. At 1249 Kea (RN46) came swimming in from the west and hauled out to the outfall. I cordoned him off. At 1630 Kathy S., delivered a “meals on wheels”, Thanksgiving dinner to a senior citizen whose wife is on the mainland, and brought news that Kea was now up at the Naupaka. Gayle checked in at 1640 with the same news. Thanks guys !!!! Kea remained at dark. 

Team Billand called at 0700 to advise that their posse member , Rich, had called to advise that he had cordoned off Makaiwi (R4DF), fronting Tower#1, White Plains.

 At 0824 the Billands advised that Buster (RV08) had hauled out to join Makaiwi, at WP. They would depart at 1741.

 Ocean Safety called at 0934 with the report of an animal at Sunset Beach , on the North Shore. Dana called at 1135 to advise that Joy Silver had confirmed the Right Spot (R016) by her right side NB.

 At 0928 the Billands reported that Eileen had called advising of U’ilani (RN36) at the Reef Runway. 

In the Yesterday’s News department, photos from Karen Rohter and an unknown send arrived showing Rocky’s (RH58) stay at Kaimana Beach, 11-26-14.


 RM38 
Kaiwi at China Walls
 Kea at Eternity Beach
 
 Kea heading out at Sandys
Rocky
Buster and Makaiwi
 Mr. Buster is persistent and Miss Maka'iwi isn't having it
 Buster
 LOL  surfer dude better watch out.... Buster may change his focus of affection
 Maka'iwi

1 comment:

Da Barbara said...

Thanks go to Miss Terri of KoOlina for keeping watch with Makaiwi and Buster with the THANKSGIVING crowd.

Hi Jean and daughter....thanks for keeping the kids out of zone...too bad about your...slippa.

I hope more volunteers will be coming over the weekend too...should be ....crowded.

No Kermit yesterday.......dam. He was always around....NOT ANYMORE.