Thursday, August 1, 2013

8-1-2013 DB's Dailies: Irma&Kea@AD, U/M@RI, M&M, Benny@KCG, Pohaku@Makaha, Kekoa&U'ilani@RR, Rocky&RIP@KK

At 0600 we found Irma&Kea, once again up at the Naupaka bushes, 200 ft west of the east end fence. They would begin moving down, with Kea in the lead, at 0648. By 0655 both were in the water. I was relieved by Lesley at 0700. Log info indicates 6 feeds and a single swim session for the day.
 
Lesley had checked the Kokee Flats on her way to AD, and confirmed that Rocky & RIP were no longer there. Linda would later confirm that there was nobody at Irma’s Grotto also.
 
When I got to Makai Pier at 0733 I found an U/M at Rocky Right Beach, on Rabbit Island. He would move out of sight, and I did not see him again until the did a brief haul out to Seal Rock Inlet. He was obviously in cruiser mode, checking the area and then returning to the water. I did not see him again. I could not make an ID.
 
At 1436 one of my fisherman posse reported 2 seals at Kokee Flats on the sand at the Kaiser Estate dock. When I arrived at 1456 I found a nightmare of 50 + teenagers packing the area. I managed to get up two signs but it did no good at all, and nobody was responding to my pleas for a little space, and leaving them alone. I may as well have been speaking Klingon. With absolutely no other alternative I just left. Dera called at 1839 advising that HPD was there and there was mention of a bonfire. Hopefully HPD can control them because I could not.
 
Team Billand reported M&M (R020) at Kalaeloa Campground at 0803.
 
At 0800 they advise that they had gotten word of an animal at Aki’s Beach in Makaha. Debbie responded and confirmed Pohaku (RO28).
 
From 1000 until 1040 the Billands were with Kekoa (RK72) and little sister Ui’lani (RN36) at the Reef Runway. Ui’lani would haul out, but Kekoa swam away.
 

At 1426 the Billands reported that Benny (RE74) had joined M&M at Kalaeloa Campgrounds.

 Kea 
Irma and Kea
 MM and Benny at Kalaeloa Camp Grounds
 MM and Benny
 MM 
 Pohaku looking at he Honu or Him?
 She seems at peace witht he Honu

 Today was a day for pushing the limits of co-existence..... people everywhere
 Rocky and Rip at Kokee flats
 perhaps they would have understood klingon
Kekoa and U'ilani
U'ilani
 
 Haupu 

No comments: