Sunday, August 18, 2013

8-18-2013 An Evening at the Doris Duke Theatre

Aloha Good People 

On Saturday evening I attended the much anticipated screening of "Through the eyes of the Seal" critter cam footage presented by Dr. Charles Littnan, with guest speaker Jeff Boeheim from The Marine Mammal Center and Mary Donahue of UH SeaGrant (I hope I got that right).  

It was a wonderful evening a SOLD OUT performance... it felt great to be in a room with 200 people who are supporters of the Hawaiian Monk Seals.... and although this message has to get out to the masses, mostly to the nay sayers, the evening served a purpose to remind us all why we do what we do.... big or small. 

I felt honored to know so many good people there.... I was proud of the work so many have accomplished and look forward to the future.... I have hope!  

Thank you Dr. Charles.... I hope we can get another screening in the near future.

da blog lady.

No comments: