Tuesday, August 27, 2013

8-27-2013 DB's Dailies: Kea@AD, Benny@KCG, Ewa Girl, RK96&Kainoa@RI, Kaiwi@BF, Pohaku@Sec, M&M@KCG, RL42@Yokes, R912&Pup@Mokuleia, Rocky@IRQ

At 0545 I found Kea (RN46) lolling in his channel spot at the rock flats 100 yds east of the wall. He was still there when Lesley relieved me at 0700. According to the log he foraged a bit in the morning in the water next to the flats, and then midday hauled out to the rocks and snoozed away the day. He appeared to be antsy at dark, but was still on the rocks.
 
At 0721 as I pulled into Kaupo Beach Park I got a quick look at Benny (RE74) doing his signature head bobbing circuit in the pond , obviously on an Irma Quest. By the time I got out of the car he was already heading out of the pond. I did not see him again.
 
At 0742, from Makai Pier I found Ewa Girl (RS00) at Left Middle Cliff, on Rabbit Island. She was back in the shadows and I was unable to get a molt percentage. She was not visible when I got back to Makai Pier at 0907.
 
Also at 0742 I found Kainoa (RN04), 60 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet on RI.
 
When I got back to Makai Pier at 0922 I found what would prove to be RK96 hauling out the Left Middle Cliff. He was obviously looking for Ewa Girl. I hadn’t known if she was behind the rocks or gone. RK36 confirmed that she was gone. After galumphing the area he reentered the water and at 0941 he hauled out to join Kainoa. After greetings they both entered the water.
 
At 1420 I found Kaiwi (RK96) at Buster Flats.
 
At 0645 Team Billand reported Pohaku (RO28) at Secrets.
 
At 0957 they found M&M (R020) at Kalaeloa Campgrounds.
 
At 1359 the Billands found RL42 near the entrance to Yokes.
 
Team Billand was advised by Iroquois Point security that "N11", Rocky (RH58) was there, and cordoned off.
 

Vera Cober did Mokuleia duty today, and sent shots of R912&Pup. Thank you Vera !

Kaiwi at Buster Flats
 Kea at ADs 
 not a care in the world
  RK36 and Kainia
 R912 and pup ( thank you Vera.... it's been a while since I posted some of your pics)
 this kid is growing fast!!! 
 Rocky at Iroquois.... Clay good to hear from you.... I guess Rocky hasn't been there to see ya in a while.... (nice to see both you and Vera back on the blog!)
 MM forget seal yoga MM is going for seal zumba
 whew quite a work out
 Pohaku
 awwww she looks great with her new coat
 little green machine RL42 at yokes

No comments: