Sunday, June 16, 2013

6-16-2013 DBs Dailies: M38,Kaiwi,RIP,Aukai&Kainoa@RI, Buster@SC&SB, M&M@WP, Irma@IRQ, Rocky&Pup@Kauai

At 0734 we found what would prove to be Buster (RV08) doing 7 minute dives At Spitting Cave (it took an hour). He was still there when I departed at 0945.

On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 1020 I found RM38, in the company of Kaiwi (RK96) together at the Seal Rock Inlet rocks. They would remain there all day.

Their day was not without excitement however. At 1047 RIP (RR70) hauled out west of their location and began galumphing toward the two. M38 executed a perfect blocking manuever, and for a few seconds there it was teeth, hair & eyeballs, as M38 & RIP had words. M38 would run RIP into SRI, and I did not see him again today.

On a pan at 1106 I became aware of a partially visible juvenile belly behind the Rocky Right Beach, rocks. At 1347 I finally got the Aukai (RL12) ID.

At 1140 Dera called with the Ocean Safety report of an animal newly arrived at Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1153 I found Buster (RV08) fronting the "Pipe Littles" break. I cordoned him off and he remained until 1553 when he relocated 100 ft east to his usual spot fronting the "Half Point" break. I redid the cordon, and Buster remains. Buster departed at 1806.

At 1313, back at Makai Pier, I found Kainoa (RN04) hauling out to Seal Rock Inlet. He chose a difficult path, and spent a couple of hours draped over rocks, before finally move down behind them.

Team Billand called at 0811 with the report of M&M (R020) fronting #1708 at White Plains.

At 1608 to my total shock they called to advise that Irma (R010) had hauled out at Iroquois Point. I was wishin' & hopin' that she was on some outside island, since she hadn't been reported since 6-8-13, but alas, we're not outta' the woods yet with that lady. The Billands say she looks like a Robert's tour bus !

I got mail from Val Bloy with shots from hubby Ron who is already on Kauai. He sent a coupla' Rocky & Pup shots from today !

Kimo Smith did the Ka'ena Point trek again today. He found only Ka'ena (RO40) at the end of the world. The hook seen yesterday, is still there.

The Billands are runnin' late again, so check da' blog in the morning for their day.

 Buster at Sandys
 Rip and M38 facing off 
 Aukai
 Kaiwi and M38 
 Ka'ena
still hooked 
 Rocky and her little pup
 so nice to see the bloy clan back on the islands... okay 1/2 of the bloy clan but we know the rest will be arriving sometime soon

No comments: