Wednesday, December 2, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 12.2.09

I was at Sandy Beach dark, and early, and was happy to see no Benny on the beach. I picked up the signs and continued on. The Rabbit Island cast would begin with Right Spot right of the 1BS, at 0651. She would later move down but remain at that location all day. Her D#3 molt is 15%.

At 0725 I found M38 and Mojo, close together, at mid beach direcly below Right Spot's location. This was basically the set up yesterday also. Mojo and M38 did a swim/play thing from 0922 until 0932, and hauled out at basically the same location. There was no interaction between Right Spot and the boys at all.

On a pan at 0856 I found Sadie up in the Morning Glory at the right end of the beach. She would move down to cool off later in the afternoon, and be joined by Mikala at 1302. They remained there together the rest of the afternoon.

I was feeling fat and happy with a beautiful day, and no Sandy Beach calls.............. UNTIL, 1411 when an unknown posse member called to report an animal just hauling out to the far east end of Sandy Beach. When I got there at 1422 I found (who else) Benny. I began cordoning him off, but about half way through he reentered the water and began swimming west. I knew exactly where he was headed, so I grabbed the stuff and hustled off the Half Point rocks, and was waiting for him when he hauled out, after moving the adoring fans back far enough to allow him to do so. I got him cordoned off and did the regular PR stuff. Lesley stopped by later and confirmed that he was snoozin' away. I'll be returning shortly.

Team Billand reported Kermit at WP at 0710. He apparently move up right along side the wall, due to the super high tide.

Benny was still at Sandy Beach on my 1730 check , but gone when I got back at 1834.

No comments: