Sunday, December 13, 2009

DB Post 12.12.09 (cont)

Bodysurfer posse person, Mike called at 0521 to report an animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. I arrived in the dark and cordoned the animal off, but had to wait until daylight to confirm that it was Right Spot. I was hoping that this Sandy Beach phase of hers would be ended and that after her molt she would return to the North Shore, but Nope..... she was right back to Sandy Beach ! She has been there all day. I'll be checking her at dusk.

My first look at Rabbit Island was a bust, but when I got back to Makai Pier at 1000, I found Kolohe, Mojo and Mikala all in a little gang at the right end of the beach. They remained there on the water front rocks all day, with no observed interaction.

On a pan at 1030 I suddenly found Duke at mid beach, 20 ft left of 2BS. The very visible trail behind him indicated that he'd been hidden from me, up in the grasses, above 2BS. He had no doubt been there all morning, and just decided to move down for a cool off. He remained there all day.

Team Billand reported Kermit, once again near #1708 at White Plains at 0753, and checked in again ats 1322 to report Rocky at "Kermit's Reef", on the west side of the Nimitz Beach jetty.

A 1611 call from the Billands reported Benny at Maili.

Right Spot

Duke Kermit
Rocky
Benny

No comments: