Saturday, December 26, 2009

DB Post 12.26.09 Saturday

I was on the road at 0600, but did not find an animal until my 1st Makai Pier look at Rabbit Island at 0707. I found what would prove to be Mojo at 1BS, Sadie at 3BS, and Duke at the right end of the beach, at a place I call Seal Rock Inlet (SRI). When I got back to Makai Pier at 1130 I found that Mojo and moved to 3BS and was now along side Sadie , near the water line fronting 3BS. I also found that Duke at SRI had been joined by Mikala. All would remain at those locations the rest of the day.

Between my wife and myself, hourly checks were done of Sandy Beach, at as of 1600 our day has been Right Spot free !

At 0815 Mark called to report an animal in Waikiki. When I arrived at 0915 I found Benny. I got him cordoned off, and Mark called Jenn to set up a volunteer schedule. I departed Waikiki at 1050. As far as I know Benny is still there as of this writing.

Team Billand called at 0750 to say that Kermit & Irma were together near the east end fence at White Plains. Barbara checked in at 1810 to advise that Kermit & Irma were still on the beach when White Plains closed for the day.

Diane Gabriel called at 1815 with those wonderful words..."Benny is leaving" . Thank you to my fellow Privates in the Monk Seal Army , serving at both White Plains and Waikiki. Ya' Done Good !!!!!
benny does waikiki
mojo & sadie
mikala & duke
okay if these two don't look like an old married couple i don't know what does... too cute.
kermit and irma

1 comment:

Barbara said...

You are right, Seals do go to the very exact spot all the time. They change spots due to humans, dogs and we've seen it alot with Kermit and Irma. Benny is the seal that has changed the most..he goes here there and everywhere. I mean he goes to Maili Pt., Kaena Pt, Plains now and then, changed to Sandy's more often, at times to Molokai. Since all the killings, the hookings, for me, I have noticed a change in their haul outs and patterns. I agree with ya BLOG LADY!! Even if I aint no scientist, I see certain spots they repeatedly go back to.

Thank you all for your kind words when Rob got hit in the head, it is appreciated you care.

Oh, and thanks to all those that came yesterday to watch over Kermit and Irma and on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!!! Awesome!!