Thursday, December 3, 2009

DB Post Thursday 12.03.09

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0657 I found Right Spot high on the beach right of 1BS. She would later move down but remained at that location all day.

At 0704 I found what would turn out to be Kolohe up in the grass, 80 ft right of 3BS. He too would later move down and remain there by himself the rest of the day.

On my 0734 Spitting Cave check I found Buster doing 8 minute dives.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0938 I found that Mojo was at mid beach, below Right Spot's location. He would remain there all day.

Also at 0938 I found both the weaners, Duke and Mikala, close together up in the grass at the right end of the beach.

At 0946, Sadie hauled out at the right end of the beach, and shortly thereafter, the weaners would come down to join her. All spent the day snoozin' close together, with no interaction.

Team Billand called to report Kermit at White Plains at 0617.

They called again at 0900 to report that they had responded to Maili after a call from Tracy an animal there. When they arrived they found nobody, but spoke with the caller who said she had see an animal with an "N3" on the side (Irma). She had last been seen my me at Sandy Beach on 11-26-09.

I spent the entire day waiting for "the call" calling me to Sandy Beach for Benny. As the sun set I knew I'd somehow gotten away clean on a Benny call. Just moments ago, Val sent a photo from Molokai.......... Yep ........... Benny !!!

Val also send another INCREDIBLE shot, of a full fledge seal gang hangin' out together. The green guy is Benny.

Right Spot & Mojo

Mikala Duke & Sadie

Kolohe

Buster

Benny

Kermit

No comments: