Thursday, December 24, 2009

DB Post 12.23.09 Wednesday

I was on the road at 0600 as usual, but found nobody on my first pass through the SE quadrant until I got to Spitting Cave at 0758. There I found Irma for her 2nd consecutive day, doing 7 minute dives.

Another pass through the SE quadrant spots on my way back to Makai Pier was once agan zero. I remained at MP from 0900 until 1100 and still found nobody. My afternoon Rabbit Island check was also zero. It was one of those extremely rare (thankfully) days with no Rabbit Island presence.

From 1000 until 1100 I did another check of all SE quadrant spots, from Kaupo Beach Parsk through Sandy Beach. The SB check ended at 1038. Still nobody. I returned to Makai Pier.

At 1244 posse member June Kawamata called to report an animal at the east end of Sandy Beacfh. When I arrived at 1258 I found Right Spot on the beach. She had not been there on my 1038 check, and talks with beach goers and the lifeguard seemed to indicate that she must have arrived at around 1100. That means she was on the beach for nearly 2 hours before I became aware of her. Sorry Right Spot, that should never have happened !

Right Spot was still there on my 1500 check . I'll be returning shortly.

Team Billand called at 1022 to report that Kermit had been reported at White Plains since 0800. Kermit departed WP at 1740.

Right Spot departed Sandy Beach at 1840.

No comments: