Sunday, December 27, 2009

DB Post Sunday 12.27.09

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0711 I found what would prove to be Buster , partially visible up in the grass, 50 ft right of 3BS. When I got back to MP at 0920 he had moved down to the water line where he remained for the rest of the day. At 1123 Duke hauled out at the right end of the beach, and remained there the rest of the day. Those two were the only RI residents for today.

I had done 3 pass through Sandy Beach already, and was just coming down the hill after my Spitting Cave when I got simultaneous calls from posse members Momi, and Martha, at 0817,reporting an animal just hauling out to the east end of Sandy Beach. I could see the action for myself as I passed Blow Hole coming down toward Sandy Beach. At 0824 I confirmed Right Spot, and cordoned her off. My wife and I rechecked her throughout the day, and posse member Diane and hubby were there at the 1500 check (returning yesterday's Benny in Waikiki signs..... thank you !!).

Team Billand reported Kermit at White Plains at 0734, and then reported Benny at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach at 1017. There were multiple calls from the Billands and from Dana Jones establishing the fact that Benny departed Wind Sock (dogs), and came for a short visit with Kermit at 1200, and then came to stay at 1333.

Posse member Keith Kenyon did the KP trek today, and found Kerby & Ka'ena along with 2 other players to be named later. I'll have to mind meld with Tracy when she gets back.

Right Spot departed Sandy Beach at 1859. I picked up the stuff and called it a day at 1900.

Duke
Right Spot
Kerby & Kaena

No comments: