Saturday, December 19, 2009

DB Post Saturday 12.19.09

Sandy Beach posse member, Mike called at 0518 to report an animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I got there at 0540 I found, and cordoned off Right Spot. On my 3rd pass through Sandy Beach at 0743, posse member Dave, said there were now two animals at the end. Sure enough when I got down there I found Irma , 30 ft east of Right Spot. It was beginning to look like a "Groundhog Day", but as it turned out Benny never "showed face", at least as of 1500. I'll be returning to SB shortly.

At 0708 I found Kolohe up in the grass, 30 ft right of 3BS. He would move down around 0930, and was still there when I departed the pier for a Sandy Beach recheck at 1100.

When I returned to Makai Pier at 1140, one of the fisherman regulars gleefully passed on that "a small one" had swum around the breakwater and then headed off in a Makapuu direction. I HATE it when that happens !!! When I got back to work I immediately noticed that Kolohe was no longer at RI. I'll put one cat on Kolohe as the MP swimmer !

At 0935 I found Duke just hauling out fronting 1BS, on RI. He would move up and remained there until , on a pan at 1240 I noticed that he had departed. I did not see him again today.

At 0945 , Mikala hauled out at the right end of the beach, and would remain there the rest of the day.

From 1300 until 1500 I relocated to Blow Hole Lookout, where I hoped to get an overview of Benny's possible arrival to the girls at Sandy Beach. Naturally, Benny was a no show.

Team Billand reported Kermit at "Kermit's Reef" at 0830. According to my records he has been at White Plain consecutives since 11-17-09. I'm sure the WP denizens were happy to have the beach to themselves. I know the Billands were stoked !!!

Both the Sandy Beach girlz were still there on my 1730 check , but were gone when I got back at 1838.
Kolohe

Mikala Irma & Right Spot
Irma Right Spot
Kermit

No comments: