Monday, December 21, 2009

Late Breaking News - Mom Seal Protects Her Pup

Aloha good people;

Stayed tuned for more information as it unfolds...
While I was updating the blog this evening I got an email from Barb Billand who heard on the news of a monk seal attacking someone on Kauai....

Here is the link to the Honolulu Advertiser Article
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20091221/BREAKING01/91221066/Visitor+injured+in+encounter+with+monk+seal+off+Kauai

Apparently Mom didn't like someone getting too close to her pup... WELL MAYBE NOW people will stay away... honestly.. would anyone think about approaching a grizzly and her cub? I don't think so... I am curious if any of the volunteers were around when this happened?

Well stay tuned for more as the story develops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it sad that the news is so quick to make this story public & so slow to tell of the death/murder of the seal on Molokai. I fear that more will be slaughtered because of this incident. People wont stay away- they will continue to approach & harass these innocent seals. If this lady intentionally pursued the seal & pup...then I say she got what she deserved. My only concern is for the seals. I just hope no more are hurt/killed by some dumb fuck. Sorry for the language..but it is just sad. Why can't people share the beaches & ocean with other creatures?

The authorities need to change the laws & make harsher penalties for hurting or harassing this endangered species BEFORE it is too late. How many more seals have to die before NOAA/Government does something about it?