Wednesday, March 18, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 3/18/2009

The day began by finding Ewa Girl still on the left side rock flats at Hanauma Bay. An overnighter is a distinct possibility . A subsequent call at 1038 advised that she had departed.

The Rabbit Island cast was Buster at the left end at R301 at the right end. About as uninteresting a tale as can be told.

The real highlight of my day came with my trip to Spitting Cave. There I found Kolohe doing 6 minute dives. This was the first documented sighting of the kid at this location. He has, in the past, been sighted in the Aina Haina area, so he has obviously passed by. I've been noticing that his epoxy "donut" is beginning to wear away. It can still be seen , but it may soon disappear. Fortunately he has his right side natural bleach.

I decided to make a SW quadrant run. The Sparks had reported that Kermit had apparently overnighted at WP, and was still there, and they had also checked down to the Wind Sock, so I checked Nimitz Beach, and then Campbell Industrial Park. It was there, at CIP, that I found 2AW at Palm Grove.

Tracy had advised that there was an animal at EB at 1122. She had dispatched an EB Volunteer. A subsequent call at 1152 advised that the animal had been run off prior to the arrival of the Volunteer. Aloha, DB
Kolohe
Kolohe
2AW
2AW

No comments: