Thursday, March 26, 2009

DB Post Thursday 3/26/2009

My day began with an early morning trip to Diamond Head. It was my intention to pick up the Irma signs from yesterday. Irma had departed, however a morning walker asked if I was there to put the signs up around "N3" who she said was about 1/2 mile east. Off I humped, and found Irma just on the other side of the reef outcrop east of Colleen's house. Fortunately, Colleen is newly returned from a Lanai vacation, and took charge of Irma for the remainder of the day. Thank you.............very much !

The next stop was Spitting Cave from 0800 until 0930. There I found RIP and Buster , foraging together. The dive times were all over the place since there was occasional interaction.

I got to Makai Pier at 0943 and found that R301 was at the left end of the island and had the place all to himself.

Tracy called at 1034 with the report of an animal at Sand Island. When I arrived at 1145, I found 2AW on the beach. Though there are occasional calls for SI, this was my first response there, and the first time in at least 20 years since I'd been there. It's an easy place not to go .

I got back to Makai Pier at 1328 and found that R301 had departed, however RIP had newly hauled out at the right end of the beach, and I found what would prove to be Kolohe up in the grasses, also at the right end.

Team Billand reported Kermit on the left side of the Nimitz Beach jetty at 0902. Aloha, DB






























No comments: