Monday, March 23, 2009

DB Post Monday 3/23/2009

M&M was still at Rabbit Island on my first look at 0704. When I got back to Makai Pier at 1015 I found that she had been joined by RIP, at the right end of the beach. At the left end I found R301, and Buster. Though he had probably been there all along, at 1024 I became aware of a little head sticking out from the grasses , 80 ft right of 3BS. When he moved down to cool off at 1047 I could see that it was Kolohe.

By far, the highlight of the day was a call from Tracy at 0724, confirming what my Monachus Gene had been telling me all weekend. The Mom and Pup seen on Kauai on Friday and Saturday was confirmed at Rocky and her pup !!!!

Tracy called again ats 1055 to report that Irma was at Ewa Beach today.

Team Billand reported R018 at Electric Beach (Kahe Power Plants) ats 1055, Yoda at Kalaeloa Campgrounds at 1057 and Kermit fronting the Pavilion at the Nimitz Beach cottage area. The saw some additional swimming heads at Kahe and CIP but could not confirm ID's. Aloha, DB
Kolohe
R301 & Buster
RIP & M+M
Kermit
RO18
Yoda

No comments: