Saturday, March 7, 2009

DB Post Saturday 3/7/2009

It was another miserable, cold, wet day with pretty much constant drizzle. My first animal was an U/U at SC. The critter appeared to be in travel mode, surfacing only twice with no pattern. I saw red tags, and that was about it. My guess is either Buster or RIP, but of course that is only a guess.

On my 2nd Rabbit Island check I found what would prove to be a smallish, U/F, with 2 red tags, up amongst the Morning Glory, at 3BS, and only partially visible. I hung in there until 1700, but the animal never moved down, so I can only say that it was one of the girls, either RB08 or Sadie but........?????

At 1138, Kolohe hauled out 60 ft right of 3BS at the right end of the beach. He galumphed well up into the vegetation and remained there all day.

The Billands called at around 0930 to report a "swimming head" at Tracks but the animal never hauled out while they were there.

The Billands also reported Kermit on the west side of the Nimitz Beach jetty at 1617.

David Schofield called at 1450 reporting an animal 1/2 mile north of Chinaman's Hat, on a narrow strip of beach, along side the road. This is R5AY's old haunt, but today he described what is most probably KC

Unidentified Female & Kolohe
Unidentified Female & Kolohe
Kermit

No comments: