Sunday, October 5, 2008

What else can I say!

Aloha Good People,

First I want to thank everyone for the phone calls, support, emails and posts on the blog. It is truly amazing the compassion we all share.

Having said that, and at the risk of being crude.... I need to vent... so I apologize up front if I offend anyone... I AM ANGRY!!! I can not believe we have lost another beautiful creature... and although we "may never" KNOW what caused this animals death.... HE DIED... and there was no obvious signs like shark attack.... I pray to god there wasn't foul play....

All in all this day sucked... and although Jennifer is right .... saying all the more we need to continue our efforts.... I personally feel like I have been beaten up. This is my second loss in 9 months... the only two animals that I have spent an extensive amount of time with, both are gone. It just makes me wonder if the focus of my work is in the right direction... Sorry for the rant... I know you all understand... but I have been polite and understanding all day and frankly I just don't have it in me right now!

All my best to you.... I know we all hurt and I send you big hugs!
~donna~

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Woke up feeling the same, sad. Thought the pain would simmer down, it didnt. Finding Hoku with DB and Robert was a HUGE SHOCK. Sitting next to Hoku while DB and Rob went to notify authorities...over whelmingly unbearable. To think the pup we watched grow and relocated was next to me gone. I touched his soft body, I prayed for him and said goodbye. Hoku was a special pup who was a mighty fat guy. How did this happen. Why? Love you always HOKU, you were our little star. Lets get together and fight for these poor seals. Please! They are so worth the fight!!!!!!!!!

Dana Jones said...

I cannot imagine the pain that DB, Rob, and Barbara went through. Unfortunately, now I understand more fully what Donna went through with Chester and now Hoku. We all become attached and that's just the way it is.

Donna and Jen thank you both so much for your updates and information. I'm in the middle of grieving and don't know what to think. Hoku seemed so healthy. I also pray there was no foul play involved. He took our hearts with his beautiful spirit and playful antics. I went to Maili Cove yesterday and sat on the beach and thought and prayed for all of these beautiful animals that have touched our lives and hearts so profoundly. I'm still waiting to know and understand the reason for such a loss.

Our fight to save these seals is in it's early stages and I'm in it for the long run. Yes, I will cry and get angry and do what needs to be done, but I will never forget our beautiful Hoku and the loss that is so very hard to take.

My heart goes out to my fellow volunteers and seal lovers.

Dana