Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Another Ray of Sunshine....

Here is an email I received from another seal loving volunteer from Molokai..... I wanted to share with all of you since.... it is addressed to all of us.... and we hear so much of this little girls mom. ~donna~

Aloha Oahu Friends,
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Hoku.

I thought maybe this note might give you a little ray of sunshine or at least a smile. I made my weekly seal trek today and found M&M's baby!! I have not seen her (W30) since Sept. 12 so I was somewhat concerned about her. Well when you least expect it God sends you a little diamond in the rough. I found W30 snoozin in the rocks (she's always in the rocks) I find it hard to believe that they can be comfortable in some of the positions they get themselves into!! I watched her for awhile and then continued on to observe others--I have to come back on the same trail so I figured she'd still be there--well she was still in the same area, only she was in the water playing. What a hoot, she was practicing her swimming skills I do believe. I watched her lay on her belly doing "dead man's float" then come up and snort!!!! She would chase her rear flippers--looked like she was trying to get her tags. She'd roll over and lay on her back (back float!!) and she was doing some shallow dives. She was very entertaining. She sure made my day. W30 looks very healthy and I sure am glad I was able to see her today. Just wanted to share some good news. The pictures enclosed is W30 on the rocks!!!!! :)
Have a good one. fondly, val bloy

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I was touched to see W30 on the rocks for you to find. Isn't that a great feeling to find such a treasured soul basking on the rocks before you. Your story was nice to read and I felt your joy. Thanks for sharing with us. Happy searching...tell us more seal stories!!!