Sunday, October 12, 2008

DB Post Saturday October 11th

M&M,R301&Buster@RI, Ewa Girl@HB, Rocky@Kokee(Portlock)
M&M,R301 and Buster were once again at what has become their usual spot on the beach front incline at the left end of RI. Initially, it was just the boys, but at 1009 M&M hauled out to join them.

I found Ewa Girl, still at her usual spot on the left side flats at Hanauma Bay. This is her 3rd consecutive day there.

The highlight of the day began at 1055 with a call from Tracy, about an animal on the Kokee flats in Portlock. It was only then that I realized my phone had neglected to tell me I had voicemail, and when I checked I found that Portlock Posse Person , TJ, had called just moments before to advise me of an animal behind his house on Hanapepe Loop, Portlock. I went to his home, and sure enough I found Rocky, and Tracy down on the flats below me. Since it was a rising tide, and the flats were totally under water, Rocky had hauled up onto the bottom 3 steps of TJ's walkway to the water. I don't wanna' start rumors or anything, but........ Rocky is lookin' alittle chunky around the edges. Hmmmmmm?????? Aloha, DB

1 comment:

KarenB said...

DB...perhaps one of the most beautiful monk seal photos I have ever seen...the water, the rocks, the flowers....VERY NICE!