Tuesday, October 14, 2008

DB Post Tuesday October 14th

Mojo,RIP,Buster&R301@RI, Kermit@Kalaeloa Beach, 10-14-08
Visibility was nearly zero in the morning , but cleared up a tiny bit as the day wore on. I found nobody,nowhere until by 2nd trip to the pier to check Rabbit Island. Things immediately got interesting. There were 3 visible animals at 0930, and to my shock and awe, in addition to the usual R301, I found my long lost #2 son, Mojo, had returned, and later I confirmed the ID on his brother , and my #1 son RIP. I'd last seen Mojo on 8-29-08 (on RI). Since he has been documented at La'au Pt, on Molokai, my Monachus gene told me that he was probably there. RIP had also been MIA since 8-22-08. Since he too has been reported at La'au Pt in the past, the same gene makes me believe that the simultaneous return may not be a fluke. Data indicates that both were scheduled to molt in September, and sure enough , both are sporting brand new coats. Mojo is recognizeable by a natural bleach on the top , left side of his head, and I could clearly see that bleach all day, though photos leave alot to be desired. If you look closely you can see it. RIP is has a dorsal transmitter scar near his shoulder hump. That too was clearly visible, as were both their tags.

Buster joined the rest of the boyz at 1229.

Team Billand checked in at 1230 to report that they were watching Kermit hauling out at the Wind Sock on Kalaeloa Beach in the SW quadrant. He was alone. Irma ??????

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Finding Kermit was great. Except, he wasn't with Irma. Guess they had a great meeting (know what I mean?) and now Kermit is lonely. He seemed to give sad vibes to us and he was so tired and just plopped his fat body right where he is in the pic. I tell ya, he seemed really sad. Irma and Kermit was together for over 10 days and we enjoyed the love story. So sweet.Guess in 11 to 12 months...we will have pup watch again?!! He.He.

Dana Jones said...

Barbara,
I don't think Kermit was sad, he was probably exhausted. Probably just needed a smoke.....