Sunday, October 19, 2008

Star of the Day... Who Could it be ???

Aloha Good People!
What a day! What a day! What a day! The following is a part of an E-Mail I received from Robert and Barb on their wonderful news ! I wanted to share this with everyone for a couple of reasons... One - this joy is genuine and why we do what we do.... & Two - given the loss we felt with Hoku, it sure feels great to know Kerby is alive and well at Ka'ena Point.
Donna,
It is with JOY, THRILLS, Relief that we have found Kerby W08/W09!!!
At 8:15 am we saw a single seal flying in quickly through the seal inlet at Kaena Pt. It was 040...Kaena. He was being harrassed by RE74 Benny all the way in to shore at Kiddie Pool. It was very exciting. And then we saw a little seal also heading in toward the ponds. He didn't seem to know which way to go.
Benny immediately shot back to the little seal who we guessed was the molokai pup. It seemed Benny was helping Kerby to follow him into the shore. Thats just what the little seal did. Benny also attacked Kaena as if to say, move it we have a new kid on the block. Both animals fought it out. Oh and Kaena is like 90% molted too. Ok next we tried getting an id of the little seal. It was tough to get it and finally the seal came ashore. Rob got a shot of the tags and tried to whisper to me who it was. I couldn't understand what ta hell he was saying. What? W048? Who is that?
Finally Rob came to me and showed me the shot he took. OH MY GOD ROBERT!!!!!!!!!! THATS KERBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kerby!!!!!!! He is alive!!!!! Oh God!!!!! I gotta call DB right now. I ran as fast as I could. It began raining hard. I didn't care. The phone couldnt get a good signal. I ran here and there to finally get DB. 'DB....you'll never guess who we just found!!!!! I'm having a Heart attack....We found W08 KERBY!!!!! DB was Shocked!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Dana Jones said...

Halleulah. Yeah for the Billands and for Kirby.

Now, where is Kolohe? I say a prayer every day.

It was beautiful but BORINGGGGG as far as seal sightings in Zone 18. Thank you to Delta, Zekra, and Bob for all the team work.

Dana