Wednesday, October 15, 2008

DB Post Wednesday October 15th

RIP,Mojo,Buster,R301,U/JF@RI, U/U@HB, 10-15-08
My Rabbit Island time was somewhat limited due to an afternoon commitment, but the cast was RIP,little brother Mojo, Buster, R301, and one of the girlz, either RB08 or Sadie. Since the only way I can tell them apart is by their movements, and not seeing them move, it was impossible to make an ID.

The big question mark of the day, began at 0815 with Hanauma Bay , posse member Ann calling to say that a couple of the early morning regulars had seen an animal attempt two haul outs to the beach at the right end of the beach, but on both occasions a crowd had gathered around the animal and it had departed. I arrived at Hanauma Bamoy at 0827 and stood watch from up above. At 0842 I saw an animal surface just outside the reef at the "cable channel passage" . I could not get an ID, and the only facts I have to report are that it was a brown animal, of medium to large size. I went back to my car and got the scope, but despite the 1 hour I maintained the watch, I found nobody. I also did a Toilet Bowl check, but that too was negative. Obviously, I have no factual info to make a guess, but my Monachus gene is screaming Irrrrrrrrrrrma !! We Shall See

No comments: