Monday, October 27, 2008

DB Post Monday October 27th

U/U Swimmer@RI , Kermit&Irma@Kalaeloa, 10-27-08
Well.... it wasn't a total bust, as the last couple of days have been. Today , when I set up the scope at the Makapuu Overview , at 0655 I found a lone animal of med/lg size, swimming in the shallows at Rabbit Island . I found it at mid island 2BS (2nd Blue Sign). It was swimmer toward the left end of the island and was vocalizing along the way . It made frequent stops and partial haul outs to do a few head bobs and vocalize, then continued on. By behavior I'd say this is a male, looking for others. The animal continued around the point at the left end, and I lost it from the MO vantage point. I relocated to the pier but alas, found nothing. I did two sessions at the pier today, and never found a critter.


The Billands checked in at 1040 with a Kermit report at "the last bench" at Kalaeloa Campgrounds, and then again at 1054 with the report of Irma down the beach aways at "the wind sock" at Kalaeloa Beach. Aloha, DB

No comments: