Friday, February 21, 2020

02/21/2020 (part 2) Friday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Yesterday I had to hike out to Keawa'ula for a staff meeting - Team T&D did the seal sighting reports I'm adding 2 in red to the 5 they reported.
Team T&D had just entered the park and asked me to double check on a small seal freshly hauled out at 10Mnts Beach. I confirmed RL98 Lina ID, sand had started drying and falling off. Her N34 was well visible.
On my way back in the late afternoon I spotted , going to be reported as a U/U, due to distance and using phone to take photo. My guess it was RG22 because of size but.... only the seal knows.
At the point RL74 Kami was still on Back Beach
R407 Kawika was on the reef island of Main Pool
RN58 Luna and RO40 Ka'ena were still on the Runway
RW02 PVKauai was still at Hidden Beach

Today I did my usual monitoring and saw lots of wild life but only one seal. That was RL74 Kami, she was hauled out nice and dry on some reefs near the outer pool.  More tomorrow 🌺

No comments: